Welcome to the website of U-CyTech (www.ucytech.com). Please review our privacy and cookie statement carefully before using this website.
We consider your privacy important. That is why we explain in this statement how we handle your personal data and what the purpose is of its use.
The personal data U-CyTech uses and the purpose of such use
Upon getting in touch with us (by visiting our website, e-mail, phone, fax, post, filling in forms at events, exhibitions and conferences or through social media), we gather and process information to enable shipment and billing of orders and to respond to requests and questions.
In some cases, we may collect information about you from public sources such as scientific publications and social media.
We collect information about you (i.e. name, job title, affiliated institute/company, address, e-mail address, telephone and fax number, area of research and in some cases your IP address). These data enable us to:
- finalize your orders administratively and financially;
- offer our services;
- contact you when this is necessary;
- develop/further optimize our services;
- offer you with customized information (direct marketing).
The non-personal data U-CyTech collects automatically and the purpose of such use
Our use of IP addresses enables us to:
- record which internet site/internet pages you visit;
- improve the functionality and contents of the website;
- keep track of the subjects and/or applications in which prospective customers are interested;
- ensure that you do not constantly receive the same information;
- improve the range of products.
- help us maintain security, verify your details when you use the website and recognize you as a unique user when you return to our website, so that you do not have to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page and deliver you a better website experience.
Provision of personal data to third parties
Your personal data will not be sold, rented or distributed to persons or businesses outside the U-CyTech organization for external use, unless:
- this is required by a statutory provision;
- this is necessary to perform a contract that U-CyTech has concluded with you;
- you have given permission to do so.
We may share your personal information with trusted third companies (i.e. shipping companies and business support companies) that help us operate our business. By submitting your personal information, you agree to that we process such information and may share such information with trusted third companies that help us run our business.
Obligations/secured access/confidentiality/retention period
We process your personal data only in accordance with the law. This means, among other things, that the data are processed only for the purpose for which they are obtained and in a proper/careful manner in accordance with the law and this statement.
Your personal data can only be accessed by the U-CyTech staff, unless stipulated otherwise in this statement. All your personal data are protected by us against unauthorized access. The protection consists of:
- a personal password for each employee to log in to the digital system;
- non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) with each employee, which states the duty of confidentially with respect to all personal data;
- having taken technical measures to protect physical data from unauthorized access to our company premises and to protect the electronic system against external data breaches.
Your personal data are not kept longer than necessary for proper administration. We use a period of ten years from the last contact/purchase/order/invoice, after which the data will be destroyed. The law may prescribe a different retention period. If this is the case, we will adhere to the prescribed statutory retention period.
Your rights as a person concerned
You have the right to
- know which personal data of yours are processed and for what purpose;
- inspect and obtain copies of those data as long as this does not violate someone else’s privacy;
- correct, add to or delete data should this be necessary (right of correction and deletion);
- oppose the processing of your data in certain cases.
The right to request total or partial deletion of your data can be honored only if the retention of the data is not of considerable importance to someone else and the data do not have to be retained pursuant to a statutory provision.
If you want to exercise your rights, you can state this by sending an e-mail (info @ ucytech.com). If your request is rejected, the reason will be explained to you. A reason can be that your file contains information that is or can be important for others. You will receive notice from us within one month from receipt of your request.
If you have a complaint about how your personal data are processed please contact us with your concerns and we will try to find a solution together with you.
Do you have (other) comments/questions/suggestions or do you want to object to direct marketing by U-CyTech? You can also contact us in writing for this. Of course, the information that you provide to us in this context is also treated confidentially and carefully.
3584 CM Utrecht
info @ ucytech.nl
Phone +31.30.253 5960
We make sure this privacy statement is up-to-date. We will update the statement when we collect new or different personal data, provide it to new third parties or when there are changes to the retention periods or security measures.