Welcome to the website of U-CyTech (www.ucytech.com). Please review our privacy and cookie statement carefully before using this website.
The personal data U-CyTech uses
When you contact us (throught visiting our website, e-mail, phone, mail, filling in forms at events, exhibitions and conferences or through social media), we collect and process information to enable shipment and billing of orders and to respond to requests and inquiries.
In some cases, we may collect information about you from public sources such as scientific publications and social media.
We collect information about you (i.e. name, position, affiliated institute/company, address, e-mail address, telephone number, area of research and in some cases your IP address). These data enable us to:
- complete your orders administratively and financially
- offer our services
- contact you when necessary
- develop/improve our services
- offer you custom-made information (direct marketing).
The non-personal data collected automatically
Our use of IP addresses allows to:
- record which internet site/internet pages you visit
- improve the functionality and contents of the website
- track the topics in which potential customers are interested
- help us maintain security, verify your details when you use the website and recognize you as a unique user when you return to our website. Thereafter, you do not have to re-enter your information every time you open a new page and provides a better website experience.
Provision of personal data to third parties
Your personal data will not be sold, rented or distributed to persons or companies outside the U-CyTech organization for external use, unless:
- this is required by a legal provision
- this is necessary for performance of an agreement that U-CyTech has concluded with you
- you have given consent to do so.
We may share your personal information with trusted third companies (i.e. shipping companies and business support companies) that help us conduct our business. By providing your personal information, you agree to that we may process such information and share this information with trusted third companies that help us run our business.
Obligations/secure access/confidentiality/retention period
We process your personal data only in accordance with the law. This includes processing data only for the purpose for which it was obtained and in a proper/careful manner in accordance with the law and this statement.
Your personal data is only accessible by U-CyTech personnel, unless otherwise specified in this statement. All of your personal data is protected against unauthorized access. The protection consists of:
- a personal password for each employee to log in to the digital system
- non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) with each employee, which describes the duty of confidentially regarding all personal data
- taking technical measures to protect physical data from unauthorized access to our premises and to protect the electronic system from outside data breaches.
Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary for proper records. We use a period of ten years from the last contact/purchase/order/invoice, after which the data will be destroyed. The law may require a different retention period. If so, we will adhere to the prescribed legal retention period.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to
- know what personal data about you is being processed and for what purpose
- have access to copies of that data as long as this does not infringe the privacy of another person
- correct, supplement or delete data where necessary (right to correction and deletion)
- oppose the processing of your data in certain cases.
The right to request total or partial deletion of your data can only be honored if the retention of the data is not of significant interest to another person and the data does not have to be retained under a legal provision.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you may send an e-mail (info @ ucytech.com). If your request is rejected, the reason will be explained to you. A reason may be that your file contains information that is or may be of important to others. You will be notified within one month of receiving your request.
If you have a complaint about the way your personal data is processed, please contact us with your concerns and we will try to find a solution together with you.
Do you have (other) comments/questions/suggestions or would you like to object to direct marketing by U-CyTech? You can also contact us in writing. Of course, the information you provide to us within this context will be treated confidentially and with care.
3584 CM Utrecht
info @ ucytech.com
Phone +31.85.073 1460
We will make sure this privacy statement is up-to-date. We will update the statement when we collect new or different personal data, provide it to new third parties or when there are changes in retention periods or security measures.